At the end of the previous year, the administration prepares a draft budget for the coming financial year and for the three subsequent financial planning years. All areas of the municipal administration are asked to plan the budget resources required for this purpose.
The draft budget is brought to the municipal council for discussion. The municipal council then votes on the budget statutes with the budget presented. A budget becomes legally valid when it has been examined and approved by the Regional Council as the supervisory authority.
Since 2013, the so-called New Municipal Budget Law (NKHR) has been applied in Rastatt. The budget was converted to the principle of double-entry bookkeeping in accounts ("Doppik"), which is also used in the economy. In this way, resource consumption and revenue can be depicted, also in the sense of sustainability, as well as the municipal assets. The budget shows all municipal areas of responsibility with their revenues and expenditures.
The budget of the City of Rastatt is divided into nine sub-budgets, which have been formed according to product areas. The municipal services are assigned to the individual sub-budgets in the form of product groups.
Sub-budgets of the City of Rastatt
- Sub-budget 1: General administration
- Sub-budget 2: Facility Management and Technical Services
- Sub-budget 3: Security and order
- Sub-budget 4: School and sports
- Sub-budget 5: Art and culture
- Sub-budget 6: Family and social affairs
- Sub-budget 7: Planning and building, nature and transport
- Sub-budget 8: Economy and tourism
- Sub-budget 9: General financial management
Department of Finance
City Hall Herrenstraße barrier-free access
Frequently searched in the field of finance
Budget plans for download
- Budget 2022 (PDF) (13 MB)
- Budget 2021 (PDF) (9.4 MB)
- Budget 2020 (PDF) (9.3 MB)
- Budget 2019 (PDF) (14.1 MB)
- Budget 2018 (PDF) (10.4 MB)
- Budget 2017 (PDF) (10.4 MB)
- Budget 2016 (PDF) (7.7 MB)
- Budget 2015 (PDF) (7.7 MB)
Key data past budgets for download
- Key data Budget 2021 (PDF) (65 KB)
- Key data Budget 2020 (PDF) (50 KB)
- Key data budget 2019 (PDF) (53 KB)