From A for acoustic guitar to Z for slide trombone. The Rastatt Municipal Music School teaches almost every traditional and popular instrument. This also includes exotics such as the oriental Bağlama.
All classes offered by the Municipal Music School:
The saying "early practice makes perfect" also applies to music. The Rastatt Municipal Music School offers music education courses for the youngest children every school year. The courses start directly after the summer vacations, and five different courses are offered. All basic courses start directly after the summer vacations. Lessons are also given in kindergartens if needed. For students who are already in instrumental lessons, Early Music Education or Basic Music Education counts as a supplementary subject.
- The Mobile 1 course is aimed at parents and children from the age of one. The course takes place weekly for 45 minutes each. The children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Mobile 2 is a music and movement class for one to three year old children accompanied by an adult.
- The rhythmics course can be attended from the age of three. During the courses, the girls and boys experience emotional attention while playing, listening, touching, feeling, dancing and imitating, which strengthens their linguistic and motor development. The course takes place weekly for 45 minutes each. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Up to ten pairs can be taught at the same time.
- The Early Music Education course is suitable for children from the age of four. On the one hand, the course aims to awaken the joy of music and, on the other, to promote language, fine motor skills, memory and imagination. The course takes place weekly for 60 minutes.
- Children from the age of six can attend the basic musical education program, provided they have already started school. The primary school children get to know all the instruments taught in the music school by the respective specialist teachers. The course takes place weekly for 60 minutes.
The music school's children's choir is looking for enthusiastic singers between the ages of five and ten. Rehearsals always take place on Fridays, from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. in Room 11 of the Municipal Music School. You can register at the Rastatt Municipal Music School, Tel. 07222 972-8301, e-mail: email@example.com.
Children can start violin and viola lessons as early as preschool age. Cello lessons are possible from age six or seven, and double bass from age seven or eight. All string instruments are distinct melodic instruments with an extensive solo and chamber music literature. Different playing circles and orchestras offer additional training incentives and promote the joy of instrumental interaction.
Guitar lessons can be started by children from the age of seven. Based on classical guitar technique, students learn to play different musical styles according to their own preferences, such as song accompaniment, flamenco, folklore, jazz, pop and rock music (electric guitar and electric bass). For harp lessons it is advantageous, but not a requirement, to take piano lessons beforehand.
The recorder is a demanding instrument that is taught at the music school in baroque fingering. Seven-year-olds can also easily learn the larger instruments such as the flute, oboe, clarinet and bassoon. For saxophone lessons, children must be nine to ten years old. If you don't want to wait that long, you can start playing the saxophone via the clarinet because of the very similar blowing technique and fingering. All woodwind instruments are equally suitable for solo playing and for making music in an ensemble.
Smaller trumpets, flugelhorns, horns, trombones, tenor horns and baritone horns can also be started by six- to seven-year-olds. For the tuba, however, children must be ten to twelve years old. Since the principle of sound production is the same for all brass instruments, a change to a "bigger" brass instrument is possible as the child gets older. The brass instruments are not only interesting solo instruments, but are also excellent for playing together.
The term percussion covers a large collection of various percussion instruments. First and foremost, it is understood to mean combined percussion. In addition, depending on the student's interests, concert xylophone and orchestra timpani are taught, as well as percussion instruments such as claves, maracas, timbales and much more. The ideal starting age is six to seven years. In addition to having fun with rhythmic structures, students should above all have the opportunity to practice regularly at home. For the beginning, a "snare drum" with stand and a few drumsticks are sufficient.
Voice training - solo singing
Together, music is even more fun! Ensembles and orchestras are therefore an integral part of the main subject lessons at the music school. And: Even those who do not take lessons at the Municipal Music School can participate in the ensembles.
The ensembles of the music school not only enrich the cultural life in Rastatt with their performances. They also provide the musical framework for celebrations and other occasions. Booking inquiries are accepted by the secretary's office of the music school, Tel. 07222 972-8301, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following ensembles are currently at the music school:
- Matches under the direction of: Stefan Jepp
- String ensemble under the direction of: Stefan Jepp
- Orchestra under the direction of: Peter Zimmer
- Guitar ensemble under the direction of: Sergey Ushakov
- Recorder Ensemble 1 under the direction of: Elisabeth Funk
- Recorder Ensemble 2 under the direction of: Elisabeth Funk
- Transverse flute ensemble under the direction of: Maike Felsing
- Saxophone quartet under the direction of: Sven Aberle
- Junior wind players under the direction of: Sven Aberle
- Wind ensemble "Let's fetz" under the direction of: Sven Aberle
- Brass ensemble under the direction of: Albert Fehler
- Rock band under the direction of: Christian Strenger
- Bağlama Ensemble under the direction of: Murat Bay
Free trial lesson
Interested parties are welcome to attend a regular lesson at any time, either actively or passively, by prior appointment. To register for a free "trial lesson" at the music school: Tel. 07222 972-8301, e-mail: email@example.com.
Mon to Thu: 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Fri: 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m